Youth Summer Camps (grades 1-12)
Experience Creation. Establish Friendships. Unplug from Technology. Every summer, over 2,500 kids come to experience the awe and wonder of God and his beautiful Creation on Tilikum’s 93 acres of wooded hiking trails, grassy meadows and pristine lake. We offer exciting and impactful day camps for elementary and middle school age kids and overnight camps at the high school level.
- Individual Registration: Use Tilikum’s online registration system or call Debbie Ford, Camp Registrar at 503-538-2763 ext 107.
- Group Registration (10+): Groups of 10 or more campers can register together for streamlined check-in and special pricing. For more information, visit our group coordinator page or email our program director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation or requests to change weeks received at least one week prior to the first day of camp will be refunded in full, less a $35 administration fee. One week before camp or during camp, we only offer refunds for illnesses or accidents with a physician’s note. During your week of camp, we pro-rate the refund based on the length of attendance, less a $35 administration fee. It is helpful for our office to receive these notices in writing. Simply email Debbie Ford, Camp Registrar at email Debbie.
Realizing that families have different abilities to pay, Tilikum has instituted a three-tier fee program. Tiered pricing is intended to help families recognize the full cost of camp and then select the level that is most suitable for your family circumstances. By choosing to pay the full cost of camp,Tilikum is able to offer financial assistance to families in need. Select an appropriate tier for your family at the time of registration. There is a $35 Early Bird Discount if registered by May 1 (regular prices in parentheses).
Group Pricing: Contact email@example.com
Tax Credit: Did you know that you can use the Child Care Tax Credit for Day Camp and Quest? (overnight camps don’t qualify)
Tilikum believes every student should have the opportunity to come experience God’s Creation at camp. Tilikum has three-tier pricing because we recognize families have different abilities to pay. If the subsidized rate is still not affordable for your family, additional financial assistance is available to those who qualify. Scholarship applications must be submitted at least one month prior to the week of camp. Please email Debbie here, registrar.
Medical History Form: After you register, you will need to complete the Medical Registration Form online (an email link will be sent to you).
Staff and Safety
Camper groups: The average adult to camper ratio is 6:1. Campers are carefully divided into age-appropriate groups of 10-14 that stay together for the duration of the week. Each group is led by carefully trained college-age Tilikum staff and a volunteer counselor.
Quality Staff: The Tilikum staff are selected for their desire and ability to work with children and their personal faith. They receive an intensive 2 week training and remain a paid Tilikum staff member for the entire summer. Staff are specifically trained in program safety (first aid, life-guarding, challenge course) and spiritual/personal development.
Health and Safety: Safety is our first priority at Tilikum. We have been accredited by the American Camping Association (ACA) since 1977. To maintain our certification, we undergo a thorough review (up to 300 standards) of our operation — from staff qualifications and training to emergency management. These are just a few of the safety requirements we adhere to:
- All staff are trained in first aid/CPR and emergency water safety
- The waterfront is supervised by American Red Cross-certified lifeguards
- Our challenge course staff are all trained to the standards of Association for Challenge Course Technology
- Our Health Manager is on site
- Homeschool Day Camp & Quest
- Bus transportation from Beaverton area and Stafford-area (Lake Oswego/Tualatin) (an additional fee)
- 4-day Day Camp & Quest – July 2,3,5,6, 2018 (4th of July week)
- Family Camp
Tilikum-Sponsored: Tilikum offers bus transportation from the Beaverton area June 25-29 and August 13-17, and from the Stafford area (Lake Oswego/Tualatin) during July 23-27 for an additional fee. You will need to indicate that you want the bus option when you register. There are a limited number of bus spots available, so register early.
Church-Sponsored: Additionally, several churches in the area provide bus service for members of their congregation during select other weeks and may have room for a few more kids. You must contact the church and follow their registration process (instead of registering as an individual through Tilikum) in order to reserve a place on their bus. Typically, there is a small transportation charge included in their camp fee.
- Week 3 – June 25-29 330 SW Murray Blvd, Beaverton, OR 97005 (register on Tilikum’s website Week 3+Bus)
- Week 6 – July 16-20 Grace Chapel (day campers only entering 1st-5th) Wilsonville, OR call 503-570-2988
- Week 7 – July 23-27
- 3550 SW Borland Rd, Tualatin, OR 97062 (register on Tilikum’s website Week 5+Bus)
- 2nd Street Community Church Newberg, OR call 503-538-9761
- Week 10 – Aug 13-17
- 330 SW Murray Blvd, Beaverton, OR 97005 (register on Tilikum’s website Week 10+Bus)
- Christ Episcopal Lake Oswego, OR Call 503-636-5618
Videos & Photos
- Parent Page (what to bring, expectations, etc.)
- Group Coordinator Page
- Volunteer (come join us as a volunteer counselor!)