Grounds use at Camp Tilikum
Outdoor recreation at its finest.
For more than 40 years, Camp Tilikum has been a backdrop for school field trips, church and company picnics, college group outings, and youth groups on this 93 acre lake-front property.
- YOU MUST CALL AHEAD FOR AVAILABILITY. Often guest groups reserve the exclusive use of the property and we are not able to allow visitors. Summer availability is also limited due to a high volume of summer campers.
- All visitors must check-in at the Main Office upon arriving and pick up a guest pass. Upon your departure, return your guest pass and sign out.
- Swimming, wading, canoeing and using docks without railings are permitted only with a pre-scheduled Tilikum certified lifeguard (there is a nominal fee for these services).
- Tilikum is private property. We ask that all visitors conduct themselves in a manner that would not oppose Camp Tilikum’s basic principles. We reserve the right to ask any individual or group to leave the premises if necessary.
- Tilikum is a tobacco, alcohol, weapon and pet-free facility.
Reservations are required for groups of 8 or more
Rental of the grounds gives you and your participants access to the following areas without facilitators (staff members) and are included with the nominal grounds use fee.
Enjoy a one-mile hike around the lake and venture on additional trails throughout the Challenge Course.
Children’s outdoor playground (available June – September only).
You may enter their barnyard and explore the pasture. Please stay behind the rails and out of the creek bed.
Century-old school house with heritage desks and other fun features.
Quiet Reflection benches
There are several benches along the lakeside trail to enjoy.
Located between the barn/pasture and lake. These may be reserved for retreat center groups or are otherwise on a first-come, first-served basis.
Camp fire area
Enjoy s’mores around a cozy fire any time of year.
Drop-ins (individuals and small groups)
Tilikum welcomes groups of less than 8 to visit our grounds on a space-available basis. Because we offer this on a complementary basis, you MUST call in advance to inquire about space and we are not able to guarantee availability without reservation. We would not want to have to turn you away because a group has exclusive use of our facilities.
Add-ons for an additional charge
There are additional charges for rental of Tilikum Lodge, The Fawver Center, Valley View Schoolhouse, Northridge, and various other recreation features at Camp Tilikum. Please note, that you will need to schedule a lifeguard if you may come in contact with the water (swimming, wading, canoeing, or walking on docks w/out railings).
For rate information, to schedule a tour, or to book your next event at Tilikum, contact Suzanne Maki/Guest Services Director, or call (503) 538-2763 ext. 101.
To reserve the Grounds at Camp Tilikum…
Click the icon above to email Suzanne Maki/Guest Services Director, or call (503) 538-2763 ext. 101.