Church Group Registrations
Why bring kids to Camp?
Since 1971 Tilikum has been partnering with local churches to bring kids to Camp. When youth ministers bring kids to camp they maximize the camp experience for their youth, building stronger relationships within their group, and helping them develop stronger relationships with God.
Tilikum recognizes and supports these fundamental dynamics:
- We want the primary affiliation bond to be between you and your kids.
- We want these bonds to continue after camp.
- Follow-up continues in the local church, so the powerful influence of Camp can continue in their lives.
How it works
- A well planned, organized, and staffed children’s camp.
- An amazing inter-generational bonding experience between campers and camp counselors.
- A streamlined check-in process.
- Reduced rates for groups of 10 or more. Some churches pass the rate reduction through to campers while others charge the standard rate and retain the difference to subsidize transportation costs. It’s up to you.
- A dedicated Group Coordinator – This individual will be the advocate at your church and the administrative connection to Tilikum.
- Coordinate paperwork – Group Coordinators work in conjunction with the Camp Program Director and Registrar to collect the necessary forms from their campers.
- Coordinate Counselors – Groups commit to providing from their church or group one volunteer counselor who is at least 16 years old for every 14 children. These dedicated volunteer counselors provide a consistent link between a child’s spiritual journey at camp and back home in their church group. Many groups utilize parents and college students returning for the summer. Grandparents are welcome too, but be aware the terrain at Tilikum requires agile mobility.
- Coordinate transportation – Many church groups have buses or vans they can use to transport their group to Tilikum. Others don’t have permanent vehicles so they rent buses for the week.
Interested in bringing your group to Summer Camp?
To discuss the possibilities email Grant Banham/Camp Program Director, or call Grant at (503) 538-2763, ext. 106.
We are excited to again partner with you to bring kids to camp and connect with them in out in God’s incredible creation. Below are some of the more commonly requested items Coordinators can use to communicate with the families in their church. If you need assistance, email Grant Banham/Camp Program Director, or call Grant at (503) 538-2763, ext. 106.