This week we have both a game to play and some good talking points to discuss as a team. I am a huge fan of the Table Group, who generate all sorts of content around organizational health. One of their values is being “people smart” which requires managers to be pretty observant of both their work environment as well as their employees. How observant are you? Here is a game to test yourself: Change 3 Things.
Change 3 Things
Adapted from Michelle Cummings of Training Wheels
How to play:
- Choose one person to “go” first and have the team observe that person for 30 seconds.
- That person will black out their screen and change 3 things about themselves or the environment around them.
- After the screen is uncovered the team must figure out what 3 things have been changed.
- Switch up players and try to make it more difficult each round with more subtle changes.
- Who on the team noticed the changes the quickest or easiest? Did they have any strategies to help them?
- Who on the team–in general–is the most observant? Why do you think that is?
- In what ways are these observations really helpful to the team and/or work environment?
- What are ways the rest of the team can cultivate observation skills?
Amy “Jesso” Watson
Challenge Course Manager
(503) 538-2763, ext. 105