Tilikum staff opening Facility Maintenance Technician
Tilikum is accepting applications for a Facility Maintenance Technician. This is a part-time, 20 hour per week, year-round position. The compensation is $14 to $16 per hour depending on experience. The position could begin anytime after hiring.
This position exists to assist the Maintenance Director in maintaining and improving Tilikum facilities. The ideal candidate will work with employees, volunteers and guests in a spirit of teamwork, respect and good customer service. You will perform building repair and assist the Property Manager in building new structures and major repairs.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Service orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, including on telephone, and in understanding and following instructions.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to work independently.
- Skilled knowledge of building systems, maintenance techniques and building codes.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly and work for eight hours on varied terrain.
- Proficient in the use of a wide range of hand and power tools.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with Tilikum’s goals, including signed agreement with Statement of Faith and Statement of Community Responsibilities.
Want to know more?
For more information about volunteer and employment opportunities in Facility Maintenance at Camp Tilikum Lodge, email Pat Schmidt/Maintenance Director, or call Pat at (503) 538-2763, ext. 109.