As I figure out how to fit my job, goals, regular tasks into social distancing and other safety guidelines I often find myself needing to “recalculate” my approach. Here is an interesting activity that stretches are brains in similar ways: Get 20.
- Lay out 5 cards face up. These cards should all be different values (i.e. if you have two “7’s”, you should replace one of those “7’s” with a different card).
- Have the team work together to come up with as many equations as possible with the value of the cards equalling 20. Face cards equal “10” and Aces equal “1” or “11.”
- Play 4-5 rounds and have the team decide on a favorite equation.
- Which rounds were the most difficult? Easiest?
- Which rounds were the most satisfying/interesting to solve? Boring?
- Is there a correlation between the difficult/easy rounds and interesting/boring rounds? Why do you think that is?
- Which situations at work are the most interesting/satisfying to tackle? And which are less satisfying?
- Is that the same for everybody? How can that information be useful?
I look forward to the day when the challenge course can be available to help your teams reunite. Until then stay safe, stay healthy, stay connected!
Amy “Jesso” Watson
Challenge Course Manager
(503) 538-2763, ext. 105