Personal prayer retreats at Camp Tilikum
Tilikum provides space for Christian spiritual refuge and renewal, away from the busyness of everyday life. The serenity and natural beauty of Tilikum’s outdoor setting encourages you to hear God and experience creation as you take time to study, pray, meditate, reflect, and share. There is no fee to use these two facilities, but donations for care and upkeep are greatly appreciated.
The Quiet Place
Nestled in the trees at the edge of a meadow, this A-frame hideaway provides a view of the lake and meadow, with towering trees overhead.
- available for individual day-use only
- amenities include a small desk, chair, reading bench, electric lights, and space heater
The Hiding Place
Offering scenic views of the lake and woods, the Hiding Place is a simple one-room six-sided cabin with windows on three sides. The Hiding Place is accessible by walking approximately 300 yards from the parking space next to the barn.
- An overnight lodging, perfect for an individual or couple.
- Amenities include propane heat, full-size hide-a-bed sofa and linens, battery-powered light and lanterns, a small kitchenette with propane stove and cooking utensils, dishes, a sink with water pump, table and outhouse. Shower facilities are available on the grounds.
Guidelines and policies
- Alcoholic beverages, non-prescription drugs and weapons are not allowed on the grounds.
- Pets are not permitted on the grounds.
- Tilikum is a smoke-free environment.
- Swimming and/or boating is not available to Hiding Place or Quiet Place guests.
See the locations of these personal retreat sites.
To secure your individual retreat for either location, email Suzanne Maki/Guest Services Director, or call (503) 538-2763 ext. 101.
To reserve space for your personal retreat…
Email Suzanne Maki/Guest Services Director, or call (503) 538-2763 ext. 101.