Friends of Tilikum,
From the moment you see the early morning mist floating above the lake you know Tilikum is a special place. There are few places in the world quite like this. Canoeing across the lake, walking down a trail with your friend, swinging from the trees are all experiences that bring joy to life. Tilikum is all about bringing joy into our world.
Tilikum exists as a place for:
- Experiencing Creation – God’s handiwork is evident all around.
- Building Community – Every person is a valued member of the group.
- Providing Refuge – A safe place away from everyday issues.
- Encountering God – Step away from everyday life and listen well.
- Transforming Lives – Learning to realize the presence of God in our lives.
We invited Brian Zaro create our summer camp video. Brian took pictures and video footage and interviewed people asking what they loved about Tilikum. I feel he did an excellent job of capturing the “Essence of Tilikum”.
Here are a few quotes from the movie:
- “Tilikum is a place where kids experience the presence of God even if they cannot put that into words and really name it, they have a sense of peace, comfort and joy that comes from being out here for the week.”
We Love Tilikum Because:
- “The fun activities and the counselors are nice”
- “The great staff members who treat you like their own family”
- “I get to hang out with God and kids all day long”
This new video can be viewed on the front page of the www.camptilikum.org/mz-sandbox-new website.
What do you love about Tilikum?
Dennis Littlefield, Executive Director