Tilikum Lodge is opening for private retreats beginning Monday, August 10. Private Retreats are for adults and can be made individually, with a companion, or small group of friends.
Tilikum provides space for Christian spiritual refuge and renewal, away from the busyness of everyday life. The serenity and natural beauty of Tilikum’s outdoor setting encourages you to experience creation and hear God as you take time to study, pray, meditate and reflect.
The Lodge is a destination for all who seek respite from worldly pressures and who seek to reconnect with God on a deeper and more personal level.
Take some time to get away.
Many people long to find rest in God. Reasons to make a private retreat include, a time of rest from the hectic pace of the world, for a quiet time in order to study and better listen to God, for a time of reflection and discernment regarding situations and important decisions, to seek God’s healing grace, or simply to spend time with God.
Private retreats are scheduled as availability permits. It helps us arrange your stay if reservations are made at least 10 days in advance. A private retreat at Tilikum should be at least two and no more than five nights. Accommodations include a private room, linens and towels, and delicious home-style meals. A private retreat can be made individually or with a companion or small group of friends.
The retreat rooms are not intended for use as “motel” accommodations.
Resources available for private retreat guests.
Tilikum is blessed with both landscaped and natural grounds that offer a peaceful place to stroll and especially enjoy the one-mile walking path that loops around the lake.
Tilikum has an extensive collection of devotional classics as well as self-guided personal retreat materials in the Lodge Library.
Here is one excellent document to help guide your retreat time: [HOW TO UNHURRY]
Lodge Deck and Gazebo
This is an excellent space to listen, read and learn.
The Quiet Place
Nestled in the trees at the edge of a meadow, this A-frame hideaway provides a view of the lake and meadow, with towering trees overhead. Available for individual day-use only, Amenities include a small desk, chair, reading bench, electric lights, and space heater
The Hiding Place
Offering scenic views of the lake and woods, the Hiding Place is a simple one-room six-sided cabin with windows on three sides. Available for individual day-use only. Amenities include propane heat, battery-powered light and kerosene lantern and a small kitchenette.
Peaceful location overlooking the lake.
Historic 1909 one-room schoolhouse with heritage desks and other interesting features.
There are several benches along the lakeside to enjoy times of prayer and reflection.
Camp fire areas
Enjoy time around a cozy fire any time of year. We have both wood and propane fire pits available.
Please note, that swimming, and boating will not be available for private retreat guests.
Cost for Private Retreats/per person
Private retreats can be scheduled for a minimum of 3 days/2 nights up to a maximum of 6 days/5 nights.
3 days/2 nights (includes 6 meals) – $120 per person
4 days/3 nights (includes 9 meals) – $180 per person
5 days/4 nights (includes 12 meals) – $240 per person
6 days/5 nights (includes 15 meals) – $300 per person
Changes or cancellations
If you need to change or cancel your private retreat for any reason, email Suzanne Maki/Camp Registrar, or call Suzanne at (503) 538-2763, ext 101.
What you should know before you arrive.
- Check-in is between 3:00PM and 5:00PM.
- Check-out time is 11:00AM.
- Retreat guests are given a private room with a twin bed. A few double beds are available.
- Each room has a private bathroom (with shower) and we provide bed linens and bath towels. Although we provide small soaps, guests generally bring their own toiletries.
- The Lodge is a smoke-free building. One may choose to smoke outside on the east end of the building. Unfortunately, we cannot allow the burning of candles or incense in the rooms.
- We are not able to accommodate pets in the Lodge unless they are medically required service animals.
- Upon leaving, please leave all used linens on the floor and leave the door ajar so that the housekeepers will know the room is vacant. Upon departure, please leave your key in the room.
- For lost and found items, please check with the office at 503-538-2763. All items will be held for one week, after which time items will be donated to a local charitable organization. Tilikum is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Meal are available during the following times: breakfast 8:00AM to 9:00AM, lunch 12:00 NOON to 1:00PM and dinner 5:30PM to 6:30PM.
- Meals are prepared in the Lodge kitchen. We avoid processed foods or food prepared in other facilities, preferring local and seasonal produce.
We will adhere to the restrictions mandated by the state for Yamhill County. The guidelines from the state are changing frequently. We are committed to following these guidelines to continue to maintain the health and safety of everyone.
Physical distancing of at least six feet and face coverings are recommended for all. Face coverings are required for all when the general public is visiting indoor spaces open to the public or when six feet of space cannot be maintained. People are encouraged to bring their own personal face covering but disposable face coverings will be available for anyone who needs one.
Hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer is essential. Hand sanitizer is available at most entrances. Signage shows our guidelines regarding face masks / face coverings, social distancing, hand washing, etc., following the recommendations from the state for Yamhill County.
Tilikum website will be updated with the above information before the August 10 opening date.
For availability and reservations, email Suzanne Maki/Registrar or call 503-538-2763, ext. 101 during office hours, Monday – Friday, 9:00AM to 4:30PM.
Reserve your private retreat
Click the icon above to email Suzanne Maki/Registrar, or call (503) 538-2763 ext. 101.