Tilikum is seeking a full-time Maintenance Director.
Tilikum is currently accepting applications for a full-time Maintenance Director. This is a full-time, year-round position. The compensation varies depending on experience. The position could begin any time after hiring.
The position exists to maintain and improve Tilikum’s facilities and property. It will involve supervising a few year-round part-time employees with skills in areas such as construction, grounds and vehicle maintenance. The ideal candidate will work with employees, guests, volunteers and the public in a spirit of teamwork, respect and good customer service. An Evangelical Christian commitment is essential, including signed agreement with Statement of Faith and Community Responsibilities.
This position is a member of Tilikum’s Management Team and reports to the Executive Director. The annual salary varies depending on experience, plus it includes: Health Saving Account, 9% retirement and other fringe benefits. On-site housing is an option.
1. Skilled knowledge of building systems, maintenance techniques and building codes, property and utility systems.
2. The ability to plan, coordinate and supervise group projects.
3. Detail orientation and management skills.
4. Strong teamwork skills.
5. Strong problem solving skills
6. The ability to work independently.
7. Proficient in the use of a wide range of hand tools and power tools.
8. Flexible schedule including weekend work.
9. Valid Oregon driver’s license.
10. Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, including on telephone, and in understanding and following instructions.
11. Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly and work for eight hours on varied terrain.
The ideal candidate also has the following preferred qualifications:
1. A bachelor’s or other degree
2. At least seven years facility maintenance experience
3. Computer proficiency and other technology experience
Want to know more?
For more information about this position, email Dennis Littlefield/Executive Director, or call Dennis at (503) 538-2763, ext. 103.