BRING your Kids to Camp
Since Camp Tilikum’s inception in 1971, we have partnered with local churches to BRING (rather than send) their students to camp. Why? When church leaders attend camp with a group of students, you maximize the benefits of the camp experience:
- We want the primary affiliation bond to be between you (as your church representative) and your kids.
- Because youth bond emotionally and spiritually with their intimate camper group, we want these bonds to continue after the completion of the camp.
- Follow-up is in the local church, so the good work began at camp continues throughout the year, rather than isolating this powerful experience.
How it Works
- A well-planned and staffed children’s camp.
- An amazing bonding experience between campers and inter-generationally with camp counselors.
- Stream-lined check-in process.
- Reduced rates for groups of 10+. (Some churches pass the rate reduction through to campers while others charge the standard rate and retain the difference to subsidize transportation costs. It’s up to you!)
- Coordinate transportation: Many of our church groups have buses or vans they can utilize to transport their group to Tilikum. Others don’t have permanent vehicles so they rent buses for the week.
- Coordinate paperwork: Our group coordinators work in conjunction with our program director and registrar to collect the necessary forms from their campers.
- Coordinate counselors: Groups commit to providing one volunteer counselor from their church for every 7 children. These dedicated volunteer counselors provide a consistent link between a child’s spiritual journey at camp and back home in their church/group. Many groups utilize parents and college students returning for the summer. Grandparents are welcome too! Be aware that the terrain of Tilikum requires agile mobility.
- A dedicated group coordinator: This individual will be the advocate at your church and the administrative connection to Tilikum.
We are excited to partner with you again to connect your kids with God and his beautiful Creation. Here are some of the more commonly requested items. If you need additional help, don’t hesitate to contact mandy at email@example.com.
General Camp Forms & Information
- Coordinator Handbook
- Registration Roster-Excel
- Tilikum Medical Form (Spanish)
- Trail Talk Manual – 2015
- Church Coordinator Timeline
- Medication Check-in/out for Church Coordinators
- Multi-child Discount Form
- Transportation Roster
- Map to Tilikum
- Tilikum Grounds Map
Printable Marketing Materials
- Tilikum Coloring Book
- Coordinator Poster -print
- Coordinator Poster – digital
- Volunteer Counselor Flyer
- Day Camp Information Cards
- Customizable Marketing Materials (logos, photos & powerpoint slide)