Tilikum’s Personal Prayer Retreats
We provide space for Christian spiritual refuge and renewal, away from the busyness of everyday life. The serenity and natural beauty of Tilikum’s outdoor setting encourages you to hear God and experience creation as you take time to study, pray, meditate, reflect, and share. There is no fee to use either facility, but donations for the care and upkeep are greatly appreciated.
To secure your individual retreat for either location, please contact our Guest Services Director, Suzanne, office[@]camptilikum[dot]org or phone (503) 538-2763 ext. 101.
The Quiet Place
Nestled in the trees at the edge of a meadow, this A-frame provides a view of the lake and meadow, with towering trees overhead.
- Available for an individual person, day-use only
- Amenities include: a small desk, chair, reading bench, electric lights, and heater.
Offering scenic views of the lake and woods, the Hiding Place is a simple one-room cabin with windows on three sides. The Hiding Place is accessible by walking approximately 300 yards from the parking space next to the barn.
- Over-night lodging, perfect for individual or a couple
- Amenities include: propane heat, full-size hide-a-bed sofa and linens, battery-powered light and lanterns, small kitchenette with propane stove and cooking utensils, dishes, sink with water pump, table and outhouse. Shower facilities are available on the grounds.
Guidelines and Policies
- Alcoholic beverages, non-prescribed drugs and weapons are not allowed on the grounds.
- Pets are not permitted on the grounds (sorry Fido).
- Tilikum is a smoke-free environment.
- Swimming and/or boating is not available to Hiding Place or Quiet Place guests.