Grounds Use at Camp Tilikum
For more than 40 years, Camp Tilikum has been the backdrop for school field trips, church and company picnics, college group outings, and youth groups on our 93 acres of lake-front property.
Please note the following:
- YOU MUST CALL AHEAD FOR AVAILABILITY. There are times when we cannot allow guests. Our summer availability is also limited due to our high volume of summer campers.
- Tilikum is a tobacco, alcohol, weapon and pet-free facility (sorry Fido).
- Swimming, wading, canoeing and using docks without railings are permitted only with a pre-scheduled Tilikum Certified Lifeguard. There is a nominal fee for these services.
- Tilikum is private property. We ask that all visitors conduct themselves in a manner that would not oppose Camp Tilikum’s basic principles. We reserve the right to ask any individual to leave the premises if necessary.
- All visitors need to check-in at the Main Office upon arriving and display a guest pass. Upon your departure, return your guest pass and sign out.
Reservations (required for groups of 8 or more)
Rental of the grounds gives you and your participants access to the following without facilitators (staff members) and are included with the nominal grounds use fee:
Hiking Trails: Enjoy a one-mile hike around the lake and adventure on additional trails throughout the Challenge Course.
- Tree House: Children’s outdoor playground (available June – September only).
- Barn Animals: You may enter their barnyard and explore the pasture. Please stay behind the rails and out of the creek bed.
- School House: Century-old school house with heritage desks and other fun facts.
- Quiet Reflection benches: There are several benches along the lakeside trail to enjoy.
- Picnic tables: Located between the barn/pasture and lake. These may be reserved for retreat center groups or are otherwise on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Camp fire area: Enjoy s’mores around a cozy fire when the fall turns crisp.
- Add-ons at an additional charge: Rental of the the Lodge, Fawver Center, Schoolhouse, Northridge, and recreation. Please note, that you will need to schedule a lifeguard if you may come in contact with the water (swimming, wading, canoeing, or even walking on docks w/out railings)
For rate information, to schedule a tour, or to book your next event at Tilikum, contact Suzanne Maki, Guest Services Director at email or call (503) 538-2763 ext 101.
Drop-ins (individuals and small groups):
We welcome groups of less than 8 to visit our grounds on a space-available basis. Because we offer this on a complementary basis, you MUST call in advance to inquire about space and we are not able to guarantee availability. We don’t want to have to turn you away because a group has reserved the entire facility!