We are accepting applications for a Maintenance Assistant. This is a part-time, 20 hour per week, year-round position. The compensation is $14 to $16 per hour depending on experience. The position could begin anytime after hiring.
This position exists to assist the Maintenance Director in maintaining and improving Tilikum’s facilities. The ideal candidate will work with employees, volunteers and guests in a spirit of teamwork, respect and good customer service.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Service orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, including on telephone, and in understanding and following instructions.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to work independently.
- Skills and experience in at least some of the following areas: carpentry, engine repair, welding, tractor/equipment operation and plumbing.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly and work for eight hours on varied terrain.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with Tilikum’s goals, including signed agreement with Statement of Faith and Statement of Community Responsibilities.