CAMP TILIKUM IS LOOKING FOR:
…25 amazing college aged individuals to serve on the 2019 Summer Staff. As a member of Tilikum’s summer staff, you will spend the day teaching kids about God in our beautiful lakeside environment. A summer at Tilikum offers you an incredible experience that will push you to grow!
WHICH PROGRAM FITS YOU BEST?
- Day Camp Staff Day Camp is a program for children entering 1st – 6th grades. Staff lead a new group of campers each week and are responsible for teaching and supervising a variety of program activities such as: archery, Bible discussions, canoeing, swimming, the big swing, nature hikes, crafts, and more! Day Camp staff will be trained in each activity, first aid, and if possible lifeguarding. Must be 18 years old and at least one year out of high school to work on Day Camp Staff.
- Tilikum Adventure Program Staff The Adventure staff are responsible for facilitating two programs: QUEST (grades 6-8) and High Adventure Camp (grades 9-12). Campers grow in relationships and deepen their faith through facilitated activities on the Challenge Course and other camp programs. Each Adventure staff member will be trained as a Challenge Course facilitator and have the opportunity to lead Bible-teaching times, games, and other activities. Must be 20 years old and at least two years out of high school to work on TAP staff.
- Applications: The application and interview process begins December 15 and continues until March. The final deadline is March 8, 2019, but preference is given to those who apply early. This is a highly selective process with more than 60 applications for only 25 positions.
- Lifeguard Training: We encourage all staff who are good swimmers to go through Lifeguard training. May 24-27, 2019
- Summer Staff Program: May 28 – August 6, 2019 (2 weeks of training; 8 weeks of counseling)
PAY BENEFITS 2018
- Housing provided at Tilikum and George Fox University. We also provide lifeguard, CPR, first aid, and program training.
- First Year Staff: $2,500
- Lifeguards: $2,600
- Returning staff: $2,700
Tilikum Summer Staff are expected to be present for the entire program. Limited exceptions are made to this and must be negotiated before hire.
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Contact Rommie (Mambo) Christiansen at email@example.com or call 503-538-2763 ext 106.
Click below for detailed job descriptions:
- Leadership Support Staff (Returning Staff)