We are accepting applications for a Groundskeeper. This is a 20 hour per week, year-round position. The compensation ranges from 14 to $16/hour depending on experience. The position could begin anytime after hiring.
This position exists to assist the Maintenance Director in maintaining and improving Tilikum’s grounds. The ideal candidate will have previous grounds experience and work with employees, guests and the public in a spirit of teamwork, respect and good customer service.
- Leaf Management: Raking, blowing, clearing roofs and gutters
- Mowing and mower maintenance
- Weed control: string trimming, spraying, etc.
- Irrigation system
- Gardening and flower beds
- Trail maintenance
- Pruning fruit trees
- Routine maintenance of grounds equipment
- Tractor work: mowing, spreading soil/ gravel
- Debris cleanup after winter storms
- Snow and ice removal
- Road drainage maintenance
- Valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Service orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, including on telephone, and in understanding and following instructions.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to work independently.
- Skilled knowledge of grounds equipment and techniques.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly and work for eight hours on varied terrain.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with Tilikum’s goals, including signed agreement with Statement of Faith and Statement of Community Responsibilities.
- Please fill out the online application. Choose the “Full or Part-time Year-Round employees” application.
- Send your letter of inquiry to Pat Schmidt, Maintenance Director, email@example.com or call 541-905-9926.